Last Saturday, I decided to walk down over the Ballard Bridge and take a couple of pictures of the boats in Fisherman's Terminal. Here are some of the shots I took. The first was at 28mm and the second was zoomed in to 135mm (this is the boat that is on the center right hand side of the first photo) - the third is just random shot. I was happy with the range and it should enable me to get some good photos when I go Whale Watching some time during the summer.
Oh, I also finally watched "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" in the cinema (or theater for my American readers) - if you have not seen the film and don't want to read what I thought about it, please stop reading here. Although it was good to complete the trilogy, I actually had mixed feelings about the film. Maybe I just did not get the plot - I blame my brain not functioning properly due to old age :-). So who was betraying who or was it just all a scheme to get Jack Sparrow on the Flying Dutchman? And what was so frightening about Calypso? Was it just the little whirlpool? I did think it was funny having Keith Richards play Jack Sparrow's father though as to the best of my knowledge, Johnny Depp based Jack Sparrow's mannerism on him. I will probably watch it again when it is on HBO in the future as the action is quite good and it was good to see Chow Yun Fat in it. Maybe I should train up my brain by playing the "Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree" game on the Nintendo Wii in the meantime :-)
1 comment:
Yoh!!!.
Great pictures and nice camera. I hope you will post some more for us to see in your spare time.
We hope to see 'Pirates...' as well but not sure the lil' un will appreciate it as there is nowhere to hide in the cinema when the scary bits come on!! ;p Thanks for update and hope to hear/see more.
Post a Comment