Our intention was to do the 90 minute foot race, but due to being over optimistic and us deciding not to run in the heat, we got back 27 minutes late. This would have meant a 270 points penalty subtracted from the points that we accumulated by visiting the marked places. When we got back to the start/finish line, the organizers suggested that we should be enter the 3 hour one instead. This advice seemed sensible so we decided to do that. In the end, although we lost an hour against the competition (due to us finishing over an hour before we really needed to finish), we still did not finish last in our division and came in 10th out of the 12 teams. In general, this was good fun and I went to places that I had not been to before, but whether I will do it again, I am not sure.
For those of you who wants to know what I did on Independence Day - yes, the day that Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum saves the world from the aliens (only joking!!!) and one of the few National Holiday I get off work (not joking here :-(), I stayed at home all day catching up on watching a Hong Kong TV comedy series on DVD. I was planning to go to Gasworks Park for the WaMu Family 4th to see the fireworks but in the end I was just too lazy - I even missed it on TV. My goal is to go next year, but we'll see :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment