Saturday, September 15, 2007

Anyone for a beer?

Although I am not an alcohol drinker, me and a friend decided to pay a visit to the Fremont Oktoberfest. The original Oktoberfest is a two-week festival held each year in Munich, Germany during late September and early October and famous for providing people the opportunity to try different types of beers, eat lots of bratwurst and get really drunk. This was not our intention but we really wanted to experience the atmosphere. Unfortunately, the Fremont Oktoberfest was a bit of a let-down. Although there was a reasonable amount of beer on offer, the glasses that we were given was quite small so it worked out quite expensive for each beer we wanted to try. The biggest disappointment was that they did not have the famous tents containing the rows and rows of tables for people to sit down and drink and socialize. Oh well, maybe my expectations were based on the original German Oktoberfest and I should have known better :-( Oh, if you are wondering if I forgot to upload my photos of this event, well I did not take any. That says a lot by itself.

No comments: