Thursday, August 30, 2007

Go Seahawks!!!!

Given that I have been following American Football and the NFL (National Football League) for 20+ years, one of the things that I really wanted to do since I arrived in the US was to go to a game. Although I support the New England Patriots, the Seattle Seahawks has also become a team very close to my heart (no prizes for guessing why). Unless you are a season ticket holder it would be near impossible to get tickets for a regular season game, but they are easier to get tickets for pre-season games. The last pre-season game before the season starts for the Seahawks on the 9th September was the game against the Oakland Raiders today at Qwest Field. Fortunately, me and my colleague managed to get some tickets. Originally we were going to be sitting at one of the seats at the top of the stadium (yep, a mountain top view), but my colleague knew someone who worked there so managed to get us seats in the club level. These seats were so much better with better views and also more comfortable. The game itself was good but as it was a friendly, we did not see some of the big named players and the atmosphere was so relaxed and not as tense. Overall, it was a very good experience and being able to shout, scream and abuse the opposition was a great laugh. I will definitely go to another game, but maybe try to go to one of the regular season ones to experience that atmosphere. Oh, just in case you were wondering, the Seahawks won the game 19-14 and no, I did not have a good view of the cheerleaders :-)

Before the crowds arrive

Our original seats were five rows from the top!!!!

Filling up...

During the game

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I got a chance to watch American football... that close!